About this download
This program will upgrade Recovery Partition application to Ver.126.96.36.199801180a and resolve the following symptoms:
1. When performing application recovery, the error message has stopped working appears sometimes.
2. When resintalling programs or drivers through VAIO Recovery Center, the error message has stopped working appers sometimes.
3. For VGN-TZ3 Series, if C drive is set as 35GB and recovery disc is used to recover the system, application recovery will be stopped sometimes.
After installing this upgrade Program:
1. Please install VAIO Recovery Center Upgrade Program Version 188.8.131.52801180a immediately after installing this update program.
2. After installing this upgrade program and VAIO Recovery Center Upgrade Program Version 184.108.40.206801180a, please recreate the recovery disc and use this new disc to recover the system in future.
Recovery Partition Update Program Version 220.127.116.11801180a
File name: EP0000144780.exe
File size: 1.27 MB (1,337,248 bytes)
- To install Recovery Partition Update Program Version 18.104.22.168801180a
- Windows Vista SP2 32bit
IMPORTANT: Before proceeding with the upgrade, disconnect all external hardware devices, including PC Cards etc.
Note: Before proceeding, ensure that the VAIO computer is operated using the supplied AC adapter.
Note: Save all data/files and close all running programs.
1. Download the file to a temporary or download directory (Please note this directory for reference later).
2. Go to the directory where the file was downloaded and double-click EP0000144780.exe.
3. Follow the instructions displayed in the installation wizard.
4. After installation is completed, please restart the computer
To check if the updating is successful
Check for the following key value in register:
The key value for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\Shared Info\AppDB\P1Update\appid should be EP0000144780.